LC's new president ready for challenge ahead
Dr. Brewer's first chapel features message of encouragement
Softball keeps winning, baseball struggles
New coach, new members carry on winning tradition
LC students react to Brewer hire
tlc set for poignant comedy 'The Curious Savage'
'Christmas on the Hill' and 'Gala' add to festive weekend
Have you ever felt frustrated? You're not alone. So was the great patriarch of faith, Joseph.
That was the subject of the first chapel message given by new LC president Dr. Rick Brewer at Thursday's weekly gathering.
Defining frustration as "when your expectations and your reality clash," Dr. Brewer outlined six points to consider in times of frustration:
1. You must recognize this frustration as God's course of preparation.
2. God places us in a time of frustration to get us to respond creatively.
3. You must refuse to compromise.
4. You must request courage.
5. You must reject condemnation.
6. As you move through this time of frustration, there comes a point where you are ready to conquer.
Dr. Brewer said that there are three things Joseph learned in Genesis 40:
1. That God's ways are wisest.
2. That God's time is best.
3. That God's grace is sufficient.
Watch Dr. Brewer's message:
»»» read more
Your weekly campus happenings
Your student-driven campus news update
Focus on foreign policy may not yield much change in final results
BCM helps students with survival kits
Update from ASC Tournament
Review of latest 'Left Behind' movie